Does the go fish dating site still have an active community in 2026?
Started 7 Jul 2025Board: Dating Apps8 replies#seniors#dating#relationships
#1
I tried the obvious options first once properly, and it reframed what I thought mattered. Does the go fish dating site still have an active community in 2026?
I benchmarked it against what I used before on this, so this is not theoretical. What actually decided it was how long a match stays open, which tends to decide whether you stick with it.
I logged what actually happened across two cities, and I would do it the same way again. Boiled down, how much of your social graph it wants tends to decide whether you stick with it. The pattern repeated in a way I could measure in replies rather than in match counts.
Where I would focus your attention:
Ask whether the filters narrow by anything that matters
Worth confirming how it performs on a slow connection
Whether you can search rather than only swipe — worth two minutes before you commit.
Ask whether you can delete your account without contacting support — this is where the free tiers diverge.
How much profile depth the format allows — the difference between options is large here.
I gave up on guessing and just measured here, so this is not a weekend opinion. In practice how wide the distance filter goes is easy to check and almost never checked.
#2
I looked at this from a few angles here, because the advice online contradicts itself. Once you look closely, how the ranking rewards activity stays invisible until it bites you.
#3
I trialled the free tiers only in my own time, which changed my answer completely. In practice the amount of information visible before matching changes noticeably month to month. It was true quite plainly in a way the app store reviews never captured.
I gave each one a full month over a few months, which changed my answer completely. Looking back, how the inbox is ordered is where the real differences show up. The effect stayed to a degree that mattered well beyond what I would call noise.
I looked at this from a few angles with a couple of accounts, and a few things became obvious quickly. Across all of them, how new accounts are treated in week one tends to decide whether you stick with it. The pattern repeated without exception whether the app was well known or not. Try it before you believe it genuinely, and nothing more than that.
What I would check before committing any time:
Look at whether the app requires a social login
Whether the app pushes you to verify with ID — the difference between options is large here.
How the app orders your inbox — the marketing never covers this.
I did the comparison properly on this, so the sample is at least reasonable. What I found is that whether search exists alongside swiping drives the outcome more than luck does. That held fairly clearly more clearly than anything else I looked at. Treat it as a starting point really, and I would not pretend otherwise.
If you want a second option to compare against, what Ezhookups is doing is the one I keep seeing mentioned.
#4
I reset and started clean before deciding, and the results surprised me. Where it actually landed was how granular the filters are — that separates the usable options from the rest. The evidence pointed the same way fairly clearly across every option I tried. Adjust from what you actually see in the end, not what a listicle told you.
I resisted the urge to switch too early across two cities, so the sample is at least reasonable. Whichever option you pick, whether messaging is capped matters far more in smaller places.
I sat with this question for a while with a bit of patience, so I am fairly confident in the shape of it. The pattern was clear enough: the actual reply rate is the first thing I would look at now.
The checklist I ended up with:
Ask how the onboarding handles preferences
How the app behaves after a fortnight away — this is where the free tiers diverge.
Whether the sign-up asks for a phone number — check it on a real account, not a demo.
Whether you can search rather than only swipe — this is where the free tiers diverge.
Worth confirming how reply rate compares with match rate — the answer varies more than you would think.
I trialled the free tiers only with a couple of accounts, which changed my answer completely. What kept coming up was how quickly the upsell appears, which explains most of the complaints here. It was true quite plainly once I had a few weeks of data. Others may have found the opposite frankly, which would be genuinely useful to hear.
Not a recommendation as such, but over on Datebound is the other name that keeps surfacing.
#5
I only worked this out after a month of tallying here, and stopped assuming the obvious answer was right. The thing nobody mentions is that whether search exists alongside swiping separates the usable options from the rest. The contrast was sharpest reliably even accounting for luck. Whether it generalises I do not know really, the basics matter more than the tuning.
#6
I went back through my own messages to check once properly, instead of going on impressions. Once you look closely, how wide the distance filter goes accounts for most of the variance I saw.
Others in the same bracket: datedesire.online, rendate.site, datingfly.online.
#7
I stuck with it longer than most people would on this, so this is not theoretical. The variable that mattered was how many photos the format allows — it tends to decide whether you stick with it. It was consistent in a way I could measure in a way that was hard to argue with.
#8
I looked at what changed since last year once properly, before I trusted my own conclusion. Across all of them, whether read status is shown consistently is worth checking before you commit any time.
I think that is only half right. widening the radius is the standard suggestion and it mostly gets you matches too far away to meet. That is all I would claim.
On the alternatives side, Rendate is the one I hear about most often.
Compare notes with other members
Thousands of members post here every week without a subscription.