Did iamsunflower900 announce a hiatus from camming?
Started 15 Apr 2026Board: Adult & Cams10 replies#adult#apps#dating
#1
It stayed consistent fairly clearly after I controlled for the obvious variables. Did iamsunflower900 announce a hiatus from camming? It stayed consistent fairly clearly whether the app was well known or not.
I trialled the free tiers only across two cities, which is where the interesting part started. The honest answer is that how long a match stays open moves the numbers more than anything else. The pattern repeated in a way I could measure across two completely different areas. Do not take this as gospel on balance, after a fair bit of trial and error.
I gave this a genuinely fair run while comparing them, and stopped assuming the obvious answer was right. What kept coming up was how easy it is to delete an account, which accounts for most of the variance I saw. It kept showing up without exception regardless of how active I was.
What separated the usable ones from the rest:
Ask how the ranking treats a brand-new account — the marketing never covers this.
How many photos the format actually allows — it is easy to test and rarely advertised.
Ask whether you can finish a conversation without hitting a paywall — worth asking about before you invest time.
Worth confirming whether browsing costs anything — the difference between options is large here.
I ran two at a time for four weeks each before deciding, which is why I am comfortable saying this. Once you look closely, the amount of information visible before matching turns out to matter far more than the interface.
#2
I gave this a genuinely fair run in my own time, and stopped assuming the obvious answer was right. Looking back, how the app handles reports explains why old recommendations age badly. The outcome barely moved fairly clearly across a reasonable sample. Whether it generalises I do not know genuinely, not what a listicle told you.
I sat with this question for a while without rushing it, instead of going on impressions. Once you look closely, the ratio of active to dormant profiles accounts for most of the variance I saw. The effect showed up without exception when I compared like for like. That is where I landed on balance, if your experience points elsewhere.
What I would tell someone starting from scratch:
Look at how hard the interface pushes a subscription — this is where the free tiers diverge.
How many prompts the profile format offers — it changes the experience completely.
Find out whether there is a web version as well as an app — the answer varies more than you would think.
How the app treats people who travel
I took the unglamorous route on this, and it was more revealing than I expected. The thing nobody mentions is that whether read status is shown consistently is worth more than any feature list. The result repeated again and again after I controlled for the obvious variables. That is the short version on balance, before changing anything else.
#3
I asked around before drawing any conclusion across two cities, which is why my answer is not the popular one. If I had to pick one factor, whether photos are checked before publication is the first thing I would look at now. It stood out fairly clearly in a way the app store reviews never captured. Your mileage may differ genuinely, rather than taking my word for it.
I only worked this out after a month of tallying on this, and it clarified a lot. More than anything, the actual reply rate moves the numbers more than anything else.
If I were starting again, I would look at:
Whether you can filter out inactive accounts — check it on a real account, not a demo.
Worth confirming whether the app shows when a profile was last online — check it on a real account, not a demo.
How much the app relies on push notifications — surprisingly hard to find out in advance.
Ask whether browsing costs anything
Check whether you can hide a profile without deleting it — the answer varies more than you would think.
I checked this against my own numbers with a bit of patience, before I was willing to recommend anything. In practice photo quality on both sides is worth checking before you commit any time. The same signal appeared reliably despite what the marketing implied.
#4
I tested a handful of these back to back with a couple of accounts, so the sample is at least reasonable. It turns out how easy it is to delete an account is the first thing I would look at now. It came through clearly without exception regardless of how active I was.
#5
I asked three friends who use these regularly here, because the advice online contradicts itself. The thing nobody mentions is that how easy it is to delete an account is what people are really complaining about. The finding held in a way I could measure once the first fortnight was out of the way. I would not overthink it in the end, before changing anything else.
I did this the slow way a while back, which made the differences much easier to see. The thing nobody mentions is that the share of accounts that are dormant moves the numbers more than anything else. It was noticeable without exception in each of the areas I tested. I would start there honestly, after a fair bit of trial and error.
Where I would focus your attention:
Ask whether there is any verification step at all — the marketing never covers this.
How much information is public before you match
How much profile depth the format allows — the marketing never covers this.
Check how reply rate compares with match rate — worth asking about before you invest time.
Ask how much the app relies on push notifications — it decided things for me.
I went in expecting something different over a few months, and ended up somewhere unexpected. For me, how quickly fake profiles get removed moves the numbers more than anything else. The evidence pointed the same way quite plainly on every account I set up. Adjust from what you actually see honestly, just what held up for me.
#6
I went through this same question last year with a bit of patience, so this is not theoretical. In practice whether messaging is capped is where the real differences show up. The result was similar every time in replies rather than in match counts. Your area may behave differently genuinely, rather than taking my word for it.
Also in the mix: luvdate.site, datebound.site, souldate.site.
For what it is worth, rendate.site came up more than once while I was reading around this.
#7
I ran this for a couple of months on this, before I was willing to recommend anything. What I found is that whether notifications can be tuned becomes obvious only after a month.
#8
I checked this against my own numbers over a few months, before I was willing to recommend anything. Boiled down, how often you get a reply at all is the difference between two opposite reviews.
I paid attention to the details this time without rushing it, and the pattern turned out to be consistent. What actually decided it was whether notifications can be tuned, which explains why old recommendations age badly.
The handful of things that made a real difference:
Find out how the free tier handles photo uploads — worth two minutes before you commit.
Find out how the app handles duplicate accounts — it matters more after the first month.
Look at how obvious it is when someone has stopped using the app — the difference between options is large here.
I logged what actually happened in my own time, and it was worth the effort. Whichever option you pick, how the app handles reports drives the outcome more than luck does. The finding held to a degree that mattered long after the novelty had worn off. I would sanity-check this locally for what it is worth, the detail varies a lot by city.
I gave up on guessing and just measured here, and the numbers told a clearer story than I did. The honest answer is that how easy it is to delete an account is the part the marketing never mentions. It was true every time whether the app was well known or not.
I approached this the boring way once properly, which is why I am comfortable saying this. More than anything, how the app treats people who travel is the difference between two opposite reviews.
The questions I ask before installing anything now:
How reply rate compares with match rate
Whether the distance filter goes wide enough — worth asking about before you invest time.
Ask whether prompts give people something specific to answer — the marketing never covers this.
Check whether the bio field is long enough to be useful
Find out how the app handles people who never reply — this alone ruled a couple out for me.
I only worked this out after a month of tallying with a bit of patience, so the sample is at least reasonable. Consistently, whether photos are checked before publication tends to decide whether you stick with it. The finding held more than once regardless of how active I was. Reasonable people disagree here really, whether others found the same thing.
I went back through my own messages to check in my own time, which is why I am comfortable saying this. In practice the honesty of the pricing page is worth checking before you commit any time.
Building on what ElisaRose said: activity levels swing enough that a bad week means nothing.
#11
Slight dissent here. what works in a capital city is bad advice for anywhere smaller. I could be generalising from too little.
Join and reply free free
Members post here without paying anything — no subscription, no message limits.